Steve has recently retired from full time lecturing at the University of Northampton where he had specialised for over 30 years in Sports Medicine and Applied biomechanics. During those years he has keynote lectured at Sports conferences in Australia and the Ukraine, at National conferences and numerous CPD events and courses.
Area of special interest
- The Clinical approach with orthoses in the management of shin pain
- Running Biomechanics and overuse injury
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Medicine,
- Fellowship of the College of Podiatry in Podiatric Medicine (FCPM)
- Membership of the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists .,
- HCPC Registered
- Steve is a high level squash player and coach based a Market Harborough Squash club
- Steve takes an active role in day to day running of Market Harborough squash and cricket clubs
The elite sector
Steve is the regular provider of Podiatry services to
- Leicester City FC
- Leicestershire County Cricket
- Rob Leather Physiotherapy
- National and International squash
- The English Institute of Sport at Loughborough,
- Milton Keynes Dons FC
- Fulham FC
- National Badminton Centre Milton Keynes.
- He has taken 3rd Year student podiatrists to the London Marathon, to treat runners, for the past 27 years.
- From 1996-2006 he worked for the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) providing pre and post tour management of the U19, Academy, One day and Test teams.
- Single Visit specialist clinic (SVC) at The Department of Sports Medicine based at Leicester General Hospital
- Sports clinic at the Northampton School of Podiatry receiving referrals from all over the country for lower limb injuries
- He continues to be external examiner for the Podiatry BSc (Hons) and master’s course at the University of Salford.